Tuesday 28 August 2007

A quiet bank holiday for me

Now I've never been one to get too excited about bank holidays. Well ok when working for somebody else it was nice to have time off but I've never had a burning desire to join the masses in long traffic queues or add to the problems to our creaking public transport system. That's just not my scene! Yesterday we drove about ten miles from here to do some quiet walking. And on Saturday again some local walking sufficed.

After such a wet summer the sunshine has put a smile on people's faces. We have had two excellent bank holidays weather wise this year - Easter and this one. Can't remember exactly what the two in May were like but when people talk about bank holidays always being wet I suspect their memories are being quite selective. I'd love to see some statistics on this, I suspect that we would be surprised at just how many have been good.

No comments: