Wednesday 7 February 2007

First turf cut at Dobwalls

On the 23rd December I made an entry looking at the progress of some of the principal road improvements in Devon and Cornwall. I mentioned that the Dobwalls by-pass scheme in east Cornwall had started; it seems that I was wrongly informed on that one because Transport Minister Stephen Ladyman has just cut the first turf there.

The 1.5 mile long by-pass to the north of Dobwalls is scheduled for completion in September 2008 I believe. This seems to be a generously long construction period and I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't at least partly open for the August traffic that year. Let's hope so anyway!

1 comment:

p.e.mcnamara1 said...

The bypass was opened to traffic on Saturday 20th Sept! It's great. Pam

http://pamelamcnamara1.blogspot.com/