Wednesday 7 February 2007

Google Earth downloaded

Recently I downloaded Google Earth on to my computer. This free programme uses satellite images so that you can look down on planet Earth as if you were in space. The resolution varies greatly as to the area you are observing but interestingly my part of the middle Tamar Valley is shown in remarkable detail.

The information is both astounding and disturbing. Disturbing because you get the feeling that someone could spy on your life. So far as my home is concerned I have a patio at the top of the garden. On the patio is a small white plastic table and 4 matching chairs. These are visible on Google Earth although in truth it is my knowing what they are that makes them recognisable. But it does go to show how incredible this technology has become!

No comments: