Thursday 1 January 2009

My prediction for 2012 (not The Olympics)

The start of a new year and a time when journalists and bloggers like to make predictions about significant events in the next 12 months, although usually with the caveat that they could all be wrong! I'm not joining them in that particular game because I'm going to really stick my neck out and say what will happen in 2012! Well it's just one event I'll flag up and it's nothing to do with London hosting the Olympic Games in that year.

Let's step back in time to 1912 and, in particular 14th April. That was the fateful date on which the Titanic struck an iceberg on her maiden voyage and then in the early hours of the 15th she sank to the bottom with a huge loss of life. Now it so happens that the centenary of those two days fall on a Saturday and Sunday.

This is my confident prediction for 2012: at least one TV channel will have at the minimum a 'Titanic evening'. It could well be though a whole day, weekend or even more of Titanic 'stuff'. I guess we will have every film and documentary ever made about the ship and plenty of studio discussion as well. I can really understand the ongoing fascination with the Titanic, I get quite caught up with it myself.

So there you are then, my prediction for 2012. And don't forget - YOU READ IT HERE FIRST!

No comments: